There are many ways that you can use them not in the 'traditional' sense.
Doilies are back and being used in ways that our grandparents and great grandparents didn't really think about using them and in some cases, depending on the doily, traditional is the way to go.
In future posts, I will show you examples of the different ways and steps to accomplish them.
Here is a list of different ways that you can re-purpose doilies:
- If you crochet or know someone who does, you can attach them together in a neat configuration and use them as a table runner
- Mod Podge them and shape them into a decorative bowl for jewelry, change or even potpourri. Small doily bowls would look great on a vanity or dresser.
- Mod Podge onto a canvas and hang on the wall as art.
- If there is a large number of them, relatively the same shape and size, attach them together and use as a table cloth or heirloom blanket that can be passed down to younger generations.
- Another use, attach together and use them as a curtain or valance for a powder room or little girls room.
- Small doilies can be used as coasters
- Lay several small or a medium to large doily on a serving tray to add a nice accent to entertaining
What other uses can you think of to re-purpose doilies, let me know below.
I love finding vintage doily patterns. Most of my doilies that I make are from vintage pattern books and magazines that I have found at yard sales and thrift stores.
Come and take a look at what I have made and think of how you can use them in new and different ways, doilies always make a good gift. My doilies can be found on my Etsy shop
Until next time
Keep looking for inspiration all around you.